Hearty, healthy & packed full of Heat, Flavour & Fun......for your mouth!!!
Ginger Goat OG White Chili
1 hour 5 minutes
The Ginger Goat Original smoked pineapple & ginger sauce was our inspiration for this white chili creation. Ground turkey, tomatillos, and white kidney beans keep it lean and healthy without sacrificing any of the flavour. The jalapenos, chipotle peppers and adobo sauce give this chilli a decent amount of heat, so go easy on the OG, and let your guests add their own as a topper.
- 1 can whole tomatillos
- 2 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce (freeze remaining peppers & sauce)
- 1 tsp adobe sauce
- 2 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1.5 lbs ground turkey
- 1Tbs olive oil
- 1 small sweet mayan onion, diced (app. ¾ cup)
- 1 small red onion, diced (app. ¾ cup)
- 1 large carrot, diced (app. 1 cup)
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 2” knob fresh ginger, grated
- 4-5 cloves garlic, diced
- 3 stalks celery, diced
- ½ tsp Ancho chili powder
- 2 Tbs ground cumin
- ¾ tsp salt
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- Pinch Cayenne pepper
- 2 jalapeños, blistered & diced
- 350g fresh pineapple, grilled & diced
- 1-2 TBS Ginger Goat -The Original Goat, plus more for garnish
- 1 can white kidney beans
- 1 can navy beans
- 3 bay leaves
- ½ cup cilantro, chopped + more for garnish
- 1Tbs cornmeal
Combine tomatillos, chipotle peppers, adobe sauce & chicken broth in a blender or food processor & pulse until pureed. Set aside.
- Place jalapeños & pineapple on hot grill and cook until the peppers are blistered and pineapple is charred. Remove from heat, dice & set aside.
- While the jalapeños & pineapple are getting gorgeous, dice remaining vegetables.
- In large stock pot or Dutch oven, heat olive oil on medium high heat.
- Add onion, celery, carrot, bell pepper, ginger, garlic, and salt. Stir & cook 5-6 minutes, until vegetables are softened & fragrant.
- Add cumin, ancho chili powder, oregano, and cayenne. Cook, stirring for an additional minute
- Add the turkey, breaking up chunks with wooden spoon. Brown the turkey while incorporating into vegetables. (approximately 5-7 minutes)
- Pour tomatillo sauce into turkey mixture.
- Add white kidney beans, navy beans, charred jalapeños & pineapple, and bay leaves. Stir to combine. Bring to boil. Cover, reduce heat to low, and simmer for 45min-1hr.
- Add cornmeal, stir, cook 5 minutes.
- Stir in chopped cilantro. Ladle into bowls. Garnish with a dollop of sour cream, cheese, cilantro, lime wedge & a healthy splash of Ginger Goat